Sunday, April 7, 2013

Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'

Back today with two different pages I made with the new Echo Park range 
'Everyday Eclectic', the first one is 

Daphne's New Glasses


As soon as I ripped into the packet from Mad about Scrappin, I feel in love with this patterned multi colour chevron paper and I wanted to create a fun page to show its full potential.  The first thing I did was grab my 'old' school Heidi Swapp mask and create the circle with ink, as well as using some hessian as a mask to spot highlight some texture.  


Once this was dry I used the new crackle texture stamp from Kaisercraft (again from Mad about Scrappin) for added interest around the edge of the paper. I had purchased previously from D-Lish Scraps a sweet washi with black cameras on it and this went perfectly, so I used this randomly on the edges.


I also created some paint splatters with my paint dabber with the ranger adirondack dabber in cranberry. It's such an easy technique but so effective and striking when used. Just search for paint splatter on YouTube and you should be able to find a video.


I finished the page with a numerous of the stickers from the accompanying sticker sheet.
My second page, was a quick one I started at a crop, titled 

A Wee little bit of SWEETNESS for my girls

Here is another page I have created from this yummy range from Echo Park, but this time I wanted to keep it simple and focus on the photo of my girls at Lollipopland.  A magical kingdom close to the North Pole of course ;). 


My gorgeous friend Renee Iveson leant me a cute border punch of people holding hands, perfect for this page. I punched this out and stuck it down with the patterned hexagon paper, I then added lots of elements from the sticker sheet as well as arrow chipboard mistables from Pink Paislee.... 


I also added a MDF camera from WOW, love these And the sticker stars are super cute too.


I finished off the page with highlights of colour using a mask to get the ink splatters without the risk of the splatters, just ink...Hope you have enjoyed these two pages, using the same paper but with vastly different results :)

TFL LOU

No comments:

Post a Comment