Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mad about Scrappin September Challenge

Hi All

Lou, back again to share some Mad about Scrappin Facebook challenge inspiration with you.
This month we have been given a fantastic sketch to work with by team member Tamara,


Now, if you have seen my previous months samples then you know that I tend to work with only one photo per layout.  So this sketch was a challenge for me but I embraced it and I am happy with the end result. 
 I have been holding onto a series of photos of my eldest daughter from last year, they were of her performing in a classroom drama of "3 Billy Goats Gruff"  These photos were the ultimate challenge, school uniform navy with a bright green background but you know what I was able to match these photos to some papers from Jillibean Soup I picked up in a Flog it Friday sale.


When I looked at the sketch I really wanted to use a different element with the two half moons. So I grabbed my watercolour pencils and one of my stencils and started to colour in... What FUN!!! I just added water then a black pen outline to create these multi-colour chevrons. I finished them off with some black ink drops and a couple of the stickers from the sticker sheet.


I added the title straight from the die cut sheet as it fitted perfectly with the page 


and as luck would have it, there was a series of tickets in the die cut sheet as well.


I hope this gives you some further inspiration to complete the challenge this month, entries need to be uploaded by the 25th of September to our Facebook page Mad about Scrappin

Now go grab those watercolour pencils I know you have and get creative :D

TFL Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment